This privacy statement sets out how Sipora Pty Ltd ACN 612 558 979 (“Sipora”) will manage your personal information and other information.
Information collected by Sipora
Depending on the particular circumstances, Sipora may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), username or password for our website or apps, username or password for your online banking account(s), financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use Sipora’s products and services.
It is not intended that Sipora will directly collect, store or use your username or password for your online banking account(s), or your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers). Rather, it is intended that those details will be collected, stored and used by a third party provider that Sipora will use to facilitate the use of its website and apps.
If personal information concerns particular beliefs or backgrounds, it is considered to be of a sensitive nature. Such information may include:
- racial background;
- political opinions and political party memberships;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade union affiliations or membership;
- sexual preferences;
- criminal record; or
- health information.
Sipora does not collect sensitive information.
How Sipora will collect your information
Sipora may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as when you obtain a subscription for our
- apps, where you provide information to Sipora, when you purchase products or services from Sipora or visit Sipora’s website or contact Sipora with a query or request)
- from publicly available sources of information;
- with your consent, from third parties and your financial institution;
- from Sipora’s records of how you use Sipora’s products or services
If you choose not to provide certain information about yourself, Sipora may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information you require.
How Sipora will hold your information
Sipora may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that Sipora owns, or that are owned and operated by third party service providers.
Sipora’s third party providers may store information they collect in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that Sipora owns, or that are owned and operated by other providers.
Sipora takes the privacy and security of your information seriously and Sipora is committed to maintaining the security of your information under Sipora’s control.
Sipora uses a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While Sipora takes these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your own information.
Purposes for which Sipora will collect, hold and use your information
Sipora or third party providers may collect, hold and use your information for a range of different purposes, including
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience on Sipora’s website or apps, or to provide you with better customer service;
- to administer and manage the products and services Sipora provides to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe Sipora; and
- to improve or develop products and services, or to perform research and analysis.
Sipora does not allow children to use our apps. For this reason, Sipora may monitor visitors to Sipora’s website or users of our apps. We will not collect personal information that would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to our activities or business.
When Sipora will disclose your information
Sipora may disclose your information:
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities;
- to third parties such as service providers who Sipora uses to provide functionality to its apps. In particular, your online banking username and password will be collected and stored by service providers in order for details of your spending transactions to be obtained from your bank’s online banking platform and to perform funds transfers of round ups;
- to third parties who assist Sipora to manage or develop Sipora’s business; or
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of Sipora’s assets or business
Your information may be disclosed to third parties outside of Australia.
Most web browser software allows you to block cookies if you choose to do so.
Your email Address and the Spam Act
Sipora will store your email address if you send Sipora a query online or email. Storage of your email address allows Sipora to advise you of any upgrades or enhancements to Sipora’s current services as well as any new products or services Sipora offers or information which Sipora thinks may be relevant to you.
Sipora is fully compliant with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and Sipora will not send you promotional material if you do not want it sent to you. Sipora will not forward your email address to any third parties without your express permission.
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that Sipora holds or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact Sipora using the contact details set out at www.Sipora.com.
You may also use these contact details to notify Sipora of any privacy complaint you have against Sipora, including if you think that Sipora has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP)
Sipora will investigate any complaints received in writing and endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of the complaint.
While Sipora will use its best endeavours to address any complaint that you may have, if you are unsatisfied in the manner in which Sipora deals with your complaint, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
About this Statement
This Statement has been issued by Sipora, effective as at 01 July 2021. From time to time, Sipora may need to change this Statement.
Sipora will post the updated version at www.sipora.com and it will also be available on the App. The updated version will apply to all of your information held by Sipora at the time.